The challenge is to hold the plank position for as long as you can, once a day, for seven days. Please use the elbow full plank as shown in the picture above. The plank position has been chosen because it improves our core strength, which is essential to many of our daily activities.
If you would like to get involved, you can start your own Plank-it-Forward challenge anytime between April 19 and May 2 by becoming a sponsor and appointing at least two Hong Kong-based colleagues to join. Alternatively, you might be nominated by a sponsor.
If you would like to be a sponsor
• Send an email to at least two Hong Kong-based colleagues, stating that you would like to sponsor them to take part in the challenge.
• We ask that you make a financial donation based on how long in total your nominees manage to hold the plank position for (as advised by your nominees), over the seven-day challenge.
• Ask your nominees to update this via SharePoint with the duration of their plank per day or after the seven-day challenge.*
• Refer to the FAQs for the suggested minimum donation amounts; additional donations will be appreciated.
• All donations are to be made online before close of business on May 3, end of day, for participating nominee(s) to qualify for a top-up donation.
If you are a nominee
• If you are nominated and choose to accept the challenge, let your sponsor know how long you managed to hold the position for, over the seven-day challenge.
• We encourage you to share with your sponsor proof of your achievement every day or after the seven-day challenge, and update this via SharePoint with your plank duration.*
• If, for any reason, you prefer not to, or are unable to, complete the challenge, let the sponsor know, so that he/she can invite a new nominee to take part. There is no pressure to accept.
• Once you have completed the seven-day challenge, we encourage you to pay it forward by becoming a sponsor and nominating at least two colleagues yourself.*
Videos or other materials should be kept between sponsors and nominees and may not be shared beyond both parties for any use.
At any point in time, you can become a sponsor or ask a sponsor to nominate you and a colleague. You could encourage your team or department head to sponsor your team as a bonding activity.
Please donate via this page, using your Credit Suisse email address so that your participating nominee(s) can qualify for a top-up donation.
Suggested minimum donations
Sponsors may choose to donate more than the amounts listed in the FAQs.
Total duration of planks across 7 days
Minimum donation amount
*you may choose to donate more than the amounts listed
Less than 10 min ---> HKD 300
10 min – 14 min 59sec ---> HKD 500
15 min – 29 min 59sec ---> HKD 1,500
30 min or above ---> HKD 3,000
凝動香港體育基金是根據《稅務條例》第88條獲豁免繳稅的慈善團體，於 2012 年成立，一直秉承「以體育造就青年」的願景，致力透過體育提升基層青年的社會流動力，並同時宣揚性別平等、社會共融和健康生活。本會通過體育訓練項目、學習經歷活動和運動倡議工作三大範疇來履行使命。